Interested to find where I work?

Sites I can be requested from:
Writer's Strike for reviews and oneshots. Spinwebs and June's Dream for graphic requests.

Wednesday 26 January 2011

I caught an... Angel

Author: [ Sung.ii.ee ]
Title: I caught an... Angel
Link:http://winglin.net/fanfic/ahngel/
Reviewer: purple_lilly
Site: Writers Strike - VST http://writer-strike-vst.blogspot.com/


Title: 5/5
It definitley sticks out from the rest of the other fanfics on winglin. Its captivates the reader, and makes them want to read it, curious to know what the story behind the title is.
Poster/Background: 9/10
The poster and background matched the theme of the story a lot. The poster features many things relating to the fanfic itself. EG: an angel, the main girl, a boy with a camera, the main boy. And, a Christmas bauble, showing that its related to Christmas. As for the background, you chose a good picture to use. It wasn't difficult for anyone to read, and certainly matched the theme.
Forewords: 7/10
A fantastic prologue as to how the boys got through the rounds. It also doesn't give too much away about the characters, which will bring the reader to wanting to know more about them. I for one found that slightly annoying, since I wanted to know more, but thats a good thing. It got you to get the readers wanting to know more.

Plot: 15/15
There are many plots out there with fantasy in it. I guess this sort of has fantasy as a gennre. The plots of Angels just recently became popular, however, the twists you created in the fanfic were unexpected. They flowed together well, it wasn't all over the place, confusing the reader. Instead, you made things clear and easy for the reader to be able to understand.

Creativity/Originality: 14/15
Once again, I say that the Angels recently became popular, so I had to reduce a point. But, the originality of your plot was simply great. Sure, Angels are common, but not spirits - I think. The characters that you added was a mix, and you even made a fictional character instead of putting 'you' or '____-ah'. Which, is easier on your behalf and the reader's.

Flow: 10/10
Everything flowed together perfectly. It wasn't going to fast, and all of the problems in the story had been resolved. So, nothing was left out.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 8/10

[“Welcome home, dear.” Miss Son welcomed Dong Woon home.]
You didn't need the ',' after the 'welcome home'. You don't really pause after saying 'Welcome home'.

[Even put a small Santa cap on an orange you drew a happy face on, take a photo and there you go, the entry!]
Instead, it should've been: You could put a small Santa cap on an orange, draw a happy face on it, take a photo and there you go, an entry!

Other than some slight punctuation mistakes, I guess you did pretty well on it. As for the spelling, that TOO was alright. Your vocabulary was excellent =].
Characterization: 10/10
There wasn't just a certain 'band' of people. You mixed other groups and added a fictional character. Sometimes, writing with people from different groups are better than just writing about one. Reasons being, it broadens your knowledge to characters and different readers.

Writing Style: 10/10
Your writing style, I did enjoy. I liked how on some times there was comedy, but at other times, it was serious. The words you had used, were just the right ones to create the mood for the reader.
Overall Enjoyment: 5/5
Overall I did enjoy it. I loved the characters personalities, the plot, the poster and background, and the characters! I do hope that I can read more from you. ^^.


Sub-Total: 93/100

Extras: 3/5
Your poster is awesome, so I'll add a point for that.
The characters in the fanfic were interesting.
I REALLY liked the plot and how it flowed.

Total: 96/105

No comments:

Post a Comment