Interested to find where I work?

Sites I can be requested from:
Writer's Strike for reviews and oneshots. Spinwebs and June's Dream for graphic requests.

Tuesday 25 May 2010

One-shot Example [VST]

Characters: Hae Ri (Fic), Hyunseung (BEAST), Seungho (MBLAQ)

♢♦♢♦♢♦♢One-shot by: purple_lilly♦♢♦♢♦♢♦

:::==::::

Hae Ri POV

I was licking an ice cream that Seungho oppa brought for me. He'd be sleeping over at my house today. Next door was a big truck with a large sign saying 'House moving.' then a little quote, 'we move your furniture for you!'. Ahh...I guess we'll be having new neighbors! That would be awesome! Seungho and I would have a new friend, and we'd hang out! I wonder what he or she would be like?

---

It was dinner time when mom called me downstairs.

“But mom! I have this really important essay that counts as 75% of my grade. Would you like your daughter to have no hob when older?” I asked – moaning that I had to get off MSN. I know that, but she doesn't have to now does she?
“Hae Ri-ah, I'm so sorry. After the announcement after dinner I'll tell you to go back arraso?” My mom asked. Pouting I nodded. No point wanting to say no. She'd just ground me. Wouldn't want that! My unnie still needs some tips on using Photoshop!

Soon dad came downstairs and we had our usual dinner conversations. What happened in the day, how we're coping with work, our opinions on things. The usual blah!

“Psst.” Seungho whispered to me. I raised an eyebrow at him, and put a mouthful of fried rice into my mouth. “Yah!” He said, and kicked me on the leg. *Some nice BFF you are!* I thought, nearly spitting out the rice. From the corner of my eye, I saw a smirk growing upon his lips. *Two can play at that!* I kicked him back. If mom ever knew about our secret fights at the dinner table, she'd have us miss out on it, and eat on biscuits for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't know about you, but I prefer a variety. Back to my point though. 'What do you need?' I mouthed to Seungho. 'I know who our neighbor is!' He mouthed back. I nodded, not really caring. Why would the identity of the neighbor even be crucial for me to know? *Silly, stupid Friend of mine!!!* I shook my head with a sly grin, and resumed my eating.

After the plates had been cleared, mom cleared her throat. “Kids, we have new neighbors. They have come a long way. They arrived during lunch time. I was at home, and I popped over. They're a nice family – I would love if you'd get along with them. They said that their son would be attending the school you two attend. So if you have a new student in your class, its probably them. Don't hesitate to help okay?...Now Hae Ri and Seungho-ah. I know about your kick fight. Don't do it again understand?” Mom asked. We both knew of her evil wrath and nodded – mom didn't care if Seungho was he child or not, she still caused fear to travel through veins of ANYBODY. Too scared to decline we both nodded. “Good. Hae Ri-ah, go back to your homework. And Seungho you do whatever you usually do.” She said to him, while I rushed to my room.

On my laptop it said, 'User: 'Unnie#1' Has signed out.' But when I scrolled to the top it showed messages beforehand.

^Dongsaeng-ah! Y are u so gud @ Photoshop? Im jealous!^
^Where have u gone off 2 now?^
^Yah! R u even der?^
^I quit! C ya in skool tom!^

Then that was when she signed off. Oh well. I needed to have focused on something else...called maths homework. Correction. YESTERDAY'S homework. I forgot about it okay! I hadn't written it in my notebook – which I used as a diary to put when I got the homework and when its due. If I don't get it done, I will have a detention! Wouldn't want that now do we?

::;;==;;::

Narrator POV

The following day, Hae Ri and Seungho woke up to the sound of Hae Ri's mom – for Hae Ri and dad for Seungho – to wake up. Groaning, Hae Ri sat up and rubbed her eyes, squinting from the sunlight.

“Hae Ri-ah! Wakey wakey! You have school today. Did you sleep late last night? Is that why you aren't opening your eyes and just staying there, sitting with closed eyes?” When Hae Ri hadn't responded her mom said, “fine! I quit. I make breakfast for you in the mornings to find out that you are too lazy to even eat it. Fine! I guess pancakes for breakfast will be for your brother now. Bye.”

Hae Ri waited until the moment that her mom had left, before opening her eyes. She smirked then went to a secret room, which was loaded. It had a mini fridge, a cupboard with biscuits and snacks. No one knew about this room – except the builder of course. It was a room she especially requested for, and to be kept secret. Grinning, she took out her ready-made pancakes and began to chew. *Sure its not warm, but its better than nothing. And she thinks I don't eat breakfast! Hah! Boy she's soo wrong!!* Hae Ri evilly thought, with a smirk growing on her lips.

Finishing her 'breakfast' she grabbed her towel that was draped on a chair. Checking beforehand that the ghost was clear, she tiptoed to the bathroom. Seungho had finished his shower ages ago, and was now downstairs eating breakfast. Finally reaching the bathroom, she relaxed. Locking the door, she prepared for her shower.

Twenty minutes later, smoke was coming out of the bathroom. Her hair was wet and small drips collapsed onto the floor, Hae Ri went back to her room. There, her uniform was laid out for her. Having no time left to be wasted, she skipped down the stairs to the room where her family was.

“Hae Ri, have some breakfast.” her mom offered. Hae Ri politely declined, saying she wasn't hungry at all. Her mom nodded, disappointed. Walking into the kitchen, Hae Ri prepared her lunch. After that, she returned to the living room, to see her best friend gone. *He must've left already.* She thought. Giving her mom and dad a kiss, she left for school on her bike. Unknown to her, Seungho had just gone to the toilet, he hadn't left her at all.

---

When Hae Ri finally arrived at school, she was quite early. Having nowhere else to go, she went to the peaceful library, where she could straighten out her stress and relax. Plus, she had to check out a book on World population – what was causing it and whatnot. Searching the columns and rows for the letter 'O', she eventually gave up and asked the Librarian where she could possibly find it. The Librarian explained to her where and what number row it was on. Nodding at appropriate times Hae Ri soon understood and set off. *Third row? Thats like...taller than me, even when I stretch!* Hae Ri thought glancing at the tall walls of the library. She finally found the Geography section and the third row. Groaning – since she knew she couldn't reach it – she tried to reach...but failed. Suddenly a hand appeared and got out the book she was reaching for. She turned to thank him, only to find a cold expression on the cute boy. *Hmm...new boy...NEW BOY! He could be my neighbor!* She thought, smiling. The boy nodded, and left without a word.

After getting the book checked out, she noticed more and more students began to pile into school. Not feeling lonely to go to her homeroom she walked – more like skipped – toward it. Her sling bag swaying back and forth from her mini-jog. She smiled at many people passing by, many of which smiled back. Finally reaching her homeroom, she was amazed to find Seungho and the new boy conversing really well together. Wanting to be part of it, she put her bag down on her seat and went over to the boys.

“Hi oppa.” He glared at her. Hae Ri pouted and gave him a sad look. Groaning, Seungho's silent treatment had ended. “I'm sorry that I left you this morning.” She apologized.
“Its alright. Now, this is Hyunseung. Our new neighbor. Hyunseung, this annoying thing is Hae Ri.” Hae Ri glared at Seungho and took out her hand for a handshake. Hyunseung just stared at it, embarrassed Hae Ri retrieved her hand awkwardly. “Well...uhm...welcome to the school! Hope you have a great time...umm...yeah.” Hae Ri said, then walked back to her seat.

As the day progressed, Hae Ri became conscious of the loud laughter behind her. Feeling left out, she spent the rest of the day, quiet. Unusual to her friends, and classmates. However, the teachers felt at peace, and thought it was a family matter, so they stayed silent about it.

When the bell for lunch rang, everyone had left the room. Everyone except Hae Ri that is. She had been too busy spacing out that she hadn't heard the bell. When the teacher nudged her, she looked at her surroundings. Finding it empty, she bowed to the teacher then left the room. Arriving at the cafeteria, she faced her highest problem. *Where to sit?* she wondered. There was someone extra sitting on Hae Ri's usual table with Seungho, Sanghyun, Sandara, and Sun Hye. He was Hyunseung, and apparently he was talking to Sanghyun and Seungho, but ignored Sandara and Sun Hye. Thinking of nowhere else to sit, she took her normal seat and began her meal.

“Hae Ri-ah. psst!” Sandara whispered. Hae Ri looked up from her meal and stared at Sandara expectantly. Sandara pointed to the seat next to her. Hae Ri went to move, still confused. Then their conversation resumed. “You know that knew guy?” She began. Hae Ri nodded. “He hasn't talked to any girl ever since he arrived. Excluding the teachers of course. Every girl is now REALLY interested with him – thinking he's playing hard to get or something. But for me, I think he just hates females.” Sandara ended their conversation with a munch of her celery. While Hae Ri's eyes were like two tennis balls. *Hate for females? But why?* Hae Ri wondered.

During the final two lessons, which she had with Seungho and Hyunseung she began to observe Hyunseung very closely. Her eyes widened as she witnessed something. A girl had gone up to him flirting – she was really beautiful may I add – and all he did was be rude and turned the other way. In the direction of where Hae Ri sat, and he...glared at her?! *What?! What did I do to make you angry at me?* She hoped he could telepathically read her mind. But  we all know thats impossible.

Home time came faster than usual. All students rushed out of the room, not caring for the announcements made by the teachers. Important ones like – the summer break in two weeks, or, pop quizzes in any class tomorrow or the next, or the next and so on. However, getting pushed and shoved along with other students, Hae Ri found herself standing outside her classroom, with one sleeve mysteriously stretched. “How did that happen?” She said to herself. Taking time to re-arrange herself, she went over to her locker, then left to the school gates. There, she saw an impatient Hyunseung and smiling Seungho waiting. Raising her eyebrows at Hyunseung, she looked at Seungho. “You waited for me? You didn't have to you know.” she said, but felt warmth course within her. “Now what kind of BFF would I be for that?” Seungho slung an arm around her, and the other around Hyunseung, then led them back to the neighborhood.

It was finally time to divide up. Hae Ri to the left, Hyunseung in the middle, and Seungho to the right. Everyone waved goodbye to each other, well Hyunseung gave Hae Ri a nod and went into his home. So did the other two.

---

Days became weeks and in those two weeks time, Summer vacation had begun. Everyone had shot out of their seats and were out the door, three seconds before the bell had rang. Hyunseung had left, knowing his way through. That was when Hae Ri took her chance.

She scooted over to Seungho who was packing up. “Oppa?” She questioned. “Hmm?” He replied. “Hyunseung is ignoring me and I don't like it. Can you help me? Pwees??” She complained. Sighing, Seungho slung his bag onto his shoulder then said, “Hae Ri-ah. If you can't beat them...join 'em.” He said. Suddenly the two friends had a brainstorm.

^Make Hae Ri as boy, and see how Hyunseung treats her then.^ Was the plan. With no school, its even easier. Even more convenient for her that her parents were going to be out of town, she could pretend that she was with them!

---

The plan officially started on Saturday, when Hae Ri had finished all her homework and had packed boy's clothing - including a wig. Since she'd be staying over at Seungho's house. Hae Ri will be known as Jae, Seungho's cousin. Not only were those two in the act, his parents were too. Which warmed Hae Ri's heart to know the people cared for her. And were willing to trick someone for it.

---

It was Monday. The first Monday of Summer holidays. 'Jae' and Seungho were at the park's basketball court playing basketball. Seungho had called Hyunseung to come over and he had arrived at the court ten minutes after the phone call. *This is where the plan begins!* both Seungho and Hae Ri thought. He actually smiled – for once – at Hae Ri, and said 'hi' before going over to Seungho who fist bumped with him.

“Bro, this is my cousin. Jae, this is Hyunseung.” Seungho introduced the pair to each other. Hyunseung turned to Hae Ri, nodded then shook her hand. “Now introductions are over, lets get some B-ball?” Seungho asked. The two nodded, and soon a game was played. 1 vs 2. Hae Ri, vs Hyunseung and Seungho. *This is so unfair!!!*

Hyunseung easily got the ball from Hae Ri's left hand, and scored two points. “You play like a girl.” He smirked then scored another point. *Because I am one!* she protested in her mind. Angrily, she took the ball and sprinted to the other side, earning her a point. The two boys were let dumbfounded, and Hae Ri was glaring at Hyunseung. Seungho whispered to Hyunseung, “she...I mean he is very sensitive when you call him a girl. Just so you know.” *Pabo! You nearly blew her cover!* Seungho said to himself, while going over to walk to Hae Ri.

“Hae Ri, that was amazing! I've never seen you score that, on your own without your oppa-” Hyunseung came over “hyung's help!” Seungho ruffled her wig and smiled when she glared at him *It took me AGES to get this damn wig on right!*. Seungho walked away, frightened of what Hae Ri would do to him. “Jae?” Hyunseung asked. “Yeah?” Hae Ri responded, turning to him, anger still evident in her eyes. “Sorry about earlier. Didn't mean what I meant...uhm...You know what I mean right?” He apologized. Hae Ri nodded in forgivingness and ran back to the court. “Back to the game?” she asked the boys. They both nodded and ended the day playing basketball, until six o'clock in the evening.

---

Hae Ri and Seungho arrived at his house, exhausted and out of breath.

“You guys alright?” Seungho's mother asked. The twosome groaned and there was a slight nod, but that was the only response she got. Understanding, she nodded then walked away, probably to get some sodas to freshen their tired selves. Seungho and Hae Ri turned to look at each other then 'high fived'. “Plan in action!” Seungho hollered, then passed out on the sofa, leaving a Hae Ri rolling her eyes...

---

The next couple of weeks were a blast. Seungho, Hyunseung and 'Jae' were inseparable.

One day, when they were in the Mall, two girls walked up to the three of them. Leaving Hae Ri aside, to which she was glad of. She took the time to walk to a smoothie bar and get a banana mango smoothie with ice-cream on top. She paid for her order and returned to the best friends. On her way back, she was bumped on the shoulder by the two girls, who looked sad. Worriedly, she rushed back. There, she saw a shocked looking Seungho and a pissed off Hyunseung. She walked to them and questioningly looked at Seungho. He shrugged and left.

Hyunseung turned to look at Hae Ri. “Jae-ah...why do you like girls?” he asked out of the blue. This shocked Hae Ri, and so she replied – lowering her voice while doing so –, “well...for one thing, they're nice-” she began, but was interrupted when Hyunseung snorted. “Nice huh? Well, not all of them are nice. Those two girls earlier? Fakes! And I just said the truth that they were. Actually...I think I shouted it at them. Can you blame me though?! I hate fakes! They're just a waste of time to spend. You see, every girl is a fake, and has two sides to them. Their fake 'nice' side and their real 'mean' side. Its all the same.” He concluded. Leaving an anxious Hae Ri. *I'm just as fake as them...being a FAKE boy myself. What kind of saddo am I? I should probably end this before things end...but I'm just curious...* Hae Ri thought, then asked, “but...not all girls are fakes. There must be at least one real girl.” She said. “There should be...” she whispered. “Honestly, I don't care. Having experience, I HATE girls. They get in the way of my studies, all 'listen to me!' and 'my emotions are first!' all the bull!” Shaking his head, Hyunseung walked away, leaving Hae Ri sucking on the straw of her smoothie rather noisily.

The whole Mall trip became awkward. That is until they entered the arcade area. Hae Ri ushered Seungho and Hyunseung to the dance machine. She put in two tokens and the game began. At first she kept missing out on some, but when she got the hang of it, she was amazingly flying! Hyunseung's mouth was agape, Seungho's not so much – he'd seen it all before. The game ended, and Hae Ri turned to the boys. “Wanna compete anybody?” she asked them. Hyunseung bravely stepped onto the mat. This time, since it was 2-player, Hae Ri inserted four tokens. She got Hyunseung to choose the song. It was a song which had an up-beat beat, which caused people around them to dance or bop their heads. Moments later, the competition began.

Sweat was dripping off of Hyunseung's forehead, while Hae Ri was merely warming up. “Hyung, you gotta do better than that!” She said, finally comfortable in calling him that. *I'll show you!* he thought. Suddenly, he started to get better and was at the same pace as Hae Ri. A crowd eventually gathered around them. They were cheering for one side, while another cheered for the other. Eventually the game ended, as a 'tie'. Hyunseung, sweat and all 'high fived' Hae Ri, who beamed at him.

They all walked home ice-cream cone in hand each. Hae Ri's ice-cream was about to slide off the edge, so, when she licked it off, it went on her nose. The two boys grinned and laughed. Angrily, she looked at them in the eye, “YAH? YOU HAVE A PROBLEM?!” she exploded. They both stopped laughing, and Hyunseung volunteered to wipe off the ice-cream. While doing so, he noticed Hae Ri's lips. *Don't tell me I'm gay?!* he withdrew his hand and looked around, trying to take away the awkwardness. Hae Ri blinked, then took the opportunity to let her cheeks blush while he was looking away. Meanwhile, Seungho – who had witnessed everything – smirked. *This will get VERY interesting.* he thought.

Sure enough it did. Occasionally, when the trio strolled in the park, chatting and lazing about, when Hyunseung and Hae Ri's hands somehow touched, they'd both blush. Everyday, Hyunseung found himself thinking, *I can't turn gay! Sure I hate girls, but I don't hate them enough to be gay...gah!...Am I gay?* he wondered. While Hae Ri's thoughts were, *you like him? Eww...he's like a brother to you. Thats just plain strange!...I think...*. The two were having hidden feelings for each other. One thought it was plain nasty, while another though it was wrong for them to fall in love. Which was right??

Basketball eased all the tensions in the trio. It was a game where they can take out their anger. For example, as you bounce the ball, you can 'angrily' push hard so that if feels as if you're punching someone. Also, when you try to score, you push a lot of force so as to get the right amount to score. Its basically a competitive game, with hidden meanings within.

Just when Hae Ri was about to shoot, Hyunseung took the ball and dribbled it around her, circling her, with a grin. While all she was doing was pouting, wanting the ball back. Glaring at him, she managed to maneuver around him and while in the process of doing so had snatched the ball away. This shocked Hyunseung, but he took it as a bit of fun. Instead of shooting, Hae RI just dribbled around the court trying to escape Hyunseung who had cornered her. Eyes wide...she had no escape. An elderly couple passed by. The old woman sighed, “since when did girls play basketball?” she asked. Her partner said, “honey, quieten down. You're ruining their moment.” They then both walked away, leaving Hyunseung to slowly back away.

Awkward for both of them, Hae Ri thought it's be better if she left. And she did just that, while Seungho was running over, smirking. “Huh! Even they think he's girly. Honestly, I told him to stop acting like one, but he never listens. Always squeals and that. I think he may be gay!” *Might as well have some fun!* he thought evilly, and got the ball that dropped from Hae Ri's hands and started to shoot some random hoops.

---

Hae Ri was in Seungho's living room, watching TV. “Hae Ri dear?” his mom asked. Hae Ri turned to her, after pausing the show and said, “huh?” “Hae Ri dear, whats the matter with you?” she asked directly. Hae Ri shrugged, not sure herself either. “Well, when you find out, lemme know kay?” she asked, then walked into the kitchen.

Unknowingly, Hae Ri fell asleep on the sofa.

//Dream\\

They were at a party. Everyone's faces were blurry. Someone had bumped into Hae Ri, causing her wig to knock off. “Jae?” Hyunseung asked, confused at the lovely long hair cascading down Hae Ri's back. “HAE RI?!” he asked, even more angrily...

//End\\

Hae Ri shook from her sudden dream. It felt so real, yet unreal. Her cover wouldn't be blown! It simply couldn't be! (she hoped).

---

Three days later, Seungho got a text.

^You up for a party?^ Seungho turned to Hae Ri, “wanna have a party to go to?” he asked. Instantly remembering the dream, she shook her head. “Aww...c'mon you party pooper! You know you wanna!” He teased her. “I DON'T!” she angrily said, huffed and walked to the guest room.

^Sure, I'm up for it!^ Seungho replied, smirking. *Now, what do I do to get Hae Ri to come?...puppy-dog trick!* Seungho smirked then went to 'Jae's' room. “Hae Ri-ah!” he bellowed knocking on the door. “I hope you here to say sorry?” she asked. “Yeah~” Seungho said, silently snickering. He heard a sigh, then the door opened to reveal an angry looking Hae Ri. Then instantly Seungho pulled out his puppy-dog face. Hae Ri covered her eyes in a protection formation. Still no use. “Fine...FINE! GET OFF ME DUDE!” he was apparently leaning on her arm, causing her to stumble, with him STILL leaning on her.

“Yes~” He said, rejoiced then left the room to get ready. *Was that dream a warning?* she wondered. Nevertheless she still got ready – before Seungho, and she had to put a wig and all!

---

The party was on full blast when they arrived. Not surprisingly, Hyunseung was there to, but, he was just at the bar drinking rather then flirting with girls, many of which were good looking. *Fakes!* he thought seeing a girl get together with boy, and when he had turned around, the girl winked at hid friend next to her. *My point, proved!* Hyunseung gloated in his mind. He took another swig of his beer. *I'm able to handle it anyways...* he thought, sight becoming blurry. He'd only been there for half an hour.

Moments later, Hae Ri and Seungho eventually arrived. Though, everyone could notice that Jae was nervously looking left and right, obviously looking for something or hiding from something. Though they ignored it and continued to dance the night away. Nothing else apart from the mini dance battles were very interesting. Hae Ri soon began to relax and spent her time enjoying her self at the party.

The music beating against the walls were too loud for her, and so Hae Ri decided it'd be best if she went outside into the garden, where she could think straight. Did she like Hyunseung or not? That was all she wanted to know. A groan was heard from her left. Jumping from the sudden movement, Hae Ri turned to the direction of the groan. Finally nearing the person, Hae Ri finally saw his face clearly. *Hyunseung?!* she thought, panicking. She needed to get away before her dream really did come true.

“Jae?” he asked. Hae Ri turned around, biting her lip – NERVOUSLY. “Hmm?” she questioned. He laughed. *Must be the alcohol.* she thought, before sitting down next to him, which took quite a lot of her confidence. “I like you Jae.” he laughed again. “I've turned gay. I know this must be strange, but I'm just sayyin'...I like yoooooo” his words were slurred, and unable to clearly understand. Next thing she knew, he collapsed on her lap. *You're not gay Hyunseung. I like you too.*

---

One week. Two weeks. Three weeks. Three weeks later, the whole incident during the party had been forgotten. However, there were some moments when Hyunseung thought he said what he said, and other times when Hae Ri thought it was her dream. It was reality, and he DID tell her. Seungho had observed their behavior with each other seeing the awkwardness and smirked. They were at the park's basketball court yet again.

“Guys, I think you have something to tell me.” he said. “Hyunseung do you like my cousin?” he asked. Hyunseung blinked and coughed. “'course not. What do ya think of me? Gay?” he asked, clearly blushing lightly. “How 'bout you Jae? You like my dongsaeng?” he asked Hae Ri. The shook her hands out and her head. “Hell no!” Seungho groaned, then pulled off Hae Ri's wig. She gasped and hid behind Seungho. “You evil boy! Everything was just fine!” she glared at him. The basketball had been dropped from Hyunseung's hands. “HAE RI?! YOU'RE JAE?!” he shouted, completely confused. Taking a deep breath, Hae Ri emerged from behind Seungho. “Yes. Jae's completely fake. Oppa's real cousin's name is Hae.” Seungho glanced at the two. One ashamed face, and another face menacing. He took that opportunity and...RAN!

“That guy!” Hae Ri muttered glaring at the direction Seungho had fled through. Hyunseung looked over to Hae Ri, *I'm not gay after all?* he thought. All of a sudden, he brought his arms out. Hae Ri thought he'd hit her but instead it was a hug. “If I fell in love with you, thinking you were a boy, what difference would it make if you were a girl??” he questioned, closing his eyes, treasuring the moment. Hae Ri blinked ten times, them finally hugged back. Hyunseung tightened his hug on her then smiled. *Hae Ri, you cured me on my fear of falling for a fake. I kinda did in a way, though, this kind of fake, I'll take in ANY day. Plus, I'm kinda happy that I'm not gay after all*

♢♦♢♦♢♦♢End♦♢♦♢♦♢♦

No comments:

Post a Comment