Interested to find where I work?

Sites I can be requested from:
Writer's Strike for reviews and oneshots. Spinwebs and June's Dream for graphic requests.

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Loving you all the way~

Title: Loving you all the way~
Writer: purple_lilly
Requestor: a.

Lee Hana’s POV
I stared at the two boys that stole my heart. Yong Junhyung and my son Yong Doojoon. These two, without them, I’d be nothing. I gave birth to Doojoon almost two years ago. My marriage has been going well, and my son is growing well. But, I have a fear. Junhyung seems to be going out too much lately on business trips. He doesn’t get to see Doojoon often, and what if… he suddenly misses out on him growing up completely? That’s the worst fear that I’d ever conjured up in my mind. I hope it doesn’t happen either. Junhyung is obviously happy with us, and I’d like to keep it that way. The way when I wake up, I see him, the way that he’s always at the dinner table, the way that we both watch Doojoon sleep, the way I feel when I feel his arms wrap around me during the night. All those pleasant feelings are what keep me through the day happy and smiling.

I chuckled as I caught sight of Junhyung feigning pain from being tackled by Doojoon. My husband has always been overdramatic. I shook my head, as he pretended to eat Doojoon, to which he squealed for me to help. I ignored it; I knew after all, that if I did help, Doojoon wouldn’t be too pleased about it.

After setting the table, we all ate together as a family. I smiled at Doojoon being fed by Junhyung. This is the way things should be. Peaceful, calm and serene. No rushing, crying, pain, loneliness. Things I felt when Junhyung was away on a business trip last weekend. Though it was a weekend, I felt my heart shatter not knowing that Junhyung was going to be next to me when I woke up. Yes, I may be a weak woman. But I’m a weak woman in love. In love with the most amazing man I’d ever met, and I felt glad to have accepted his hand in marriage. I closed my eyes for a while, and let all the moments sink in. Junhyung here with us was pretty rare nowadays, and I had to try and remember every detail so that I never felt sad. Of course he constantly called to check up on us, but… sometimes it’s not the same as having him face to face with me.

“Hana, let’s go upstairs. Doojoon is sleepy.” Junhyung disturbed my train of thoughts, pointing at the sleepy eighteen month old, trying to keep his eyes open. “A.nee. Jun jun is awayke! I em alwightah!” Doojoon tried to keep himself up, but ended up falling head first on his high chair’s table.

“Omo!” I ran over to check if he was okay, but it was too late. Junhyung already took over and was taking him upstairs. I shook my head with a smile. ‘Junhyung, thanks. If it weren’t for you here… I don’t know what would happen.’ I thought.

But of course, things had to go wrong one way or another. After eating and putting Doojoon in his crib, Junhyung had received a phone call. I was busy in the kitchen cleaning up when I heard him:

“No! You can’t expect me to travel all the way to Canada on my wedding anniversary right? My wife and I are going to spend an amazing day together with our son! What? You’d promote me to senior head? I…-“ “Go on oppa. You need the promotion; you’ve always wanted it right? Don’t worry, we’ll celebrate another time.” “But… it’s OUR anniversary. I don’t want to miss that for the world.” “But, you don’t want to miss out on this amazing opportunity of the promotion now would you?” I asked him. He seemed to keep his gaze on me, then gave up. He put the phone to his ear and said, “alright. I’ll do it.”

I sighed. My third year anniversary, spent alone? Can I handle it perhaps? Sucking in my pride, I decided to be strong. Not all couples spent every anniversary together right? There are times when they have other important things to do… right? It sounds more like I’m trying to convince myself about this…

The whole night, I had been helping Junhyung pack for the three week trip.

“You won’t leave me for a Canadian girl would you?” I cautiously asked. “Hell no. Nothing can beat my baby, any day. You’re better than any woman out there in the world!” He exaggerated. I giggled, “oppa, I’m going to miss you. Don’t forget about me and Doojoon arraso?” He chuckled, lightening the serious mood, “I won’t. Gosh, you’re making it sound like I’ll be gone for a year! I’ll be back as soon as you know it, and then we can celebrate as a family and maybe… get ready for a second child?” He suggested, pulling me closer to him. I pushed him off with little effort, and shook my head, “it was worth a try right?” he joked, kissing my cheek.

These moments. I’m going to miss them. I helped him zip up the bag, and watched as he walked into our bedroom toilet. He’ll be leaving tomorrow afternoon. So sudden as well and sadly it had to take place on the week of our anniversary. I’m sure going to miss him. He’s been the one there for me when I cried through my pain. Of course, there’s always Kikwang oppa, but… he’s just a brother. He’s meant to care. Junhyung oppa chose to care, and ended up being my husband.

I crawled into bed, and pulled the duvet up to my shoulders. After a while, I heard the shower turn off. Junhyung came out in a towel, and got dressed. Even if we have been married for three years, I can’t stop myself from blushing every time he changed in front of me. Just a habit I guess. However, instead of coming next to me, Junhyung went out of the room. Confused, I started wondering what he was going to do. But then he came back, so I pretended to be asleep.

“Hana, please open your eyes. I’ve got something for you~” He sang. I opened them. He knows me too well. “Here, it’s early, I know, but since I can’t spend our third year anni with you, I’ll give it to you now.” On his outstretched left hand was a box. Curiously, I opened it to find the most amazing thing ever. It was a white gold bracelet, which had charms. Many of them had certain significant meanings to the both of us. A heart because we met at Valentine’s Day, a flower because he always gave me flowers whenever we would meet, a peace sign because my brother and him didn’t usually get along until I stepped into the picture, a rattle representing Doojoon and H♥J for me and Junhyung. I smiled gratefully at him. “Oppa, thanks so much for the gift. I’m sorry I didn’t get you one, I was planning to get you one on Thursday, but… your business trip was short notice. I’m sorry, this gift is amazing! If only I could… You’re not really paying attention are you?” I asked. “Not really. In fact, I was just staring at how lovely you looked in the moonlight.” “Err, the curtains are closed. The lights are off, how can there be moonlight?” “Oh yeah… I guess I just got lost in your eyes… Okay, I’m sorry for the cheesiness. I’m just sad that I won’t be able to spend the night with you tomorrow night. I’m going to miss my baby soo much!” He grabbed me, and pulled me into a tight hug, making me giggle. “Oppa, you’ll come back and when you do, I’ll make sure that you’ll have the greatest time ever! You’ll be promoted, and Doojoon and you can carry on with what you left of with! Kikwang oppa can also come over and you two could do what you usually do.” I spoke my thoughts, planning out what could happen, that is if he did come back in the first place. When I realized he wasn’t replying, I turned, and looked at him questioningly. “Oppa, what’s wrong?” I asked. “I’m really sorry. I know our anniversary means the world to you. And… I can’t even spend the day with you. In fact, I’ll be gone for three weeks. The longest I’ve been gone has been six days. Three weeks without you? I don’t think I’d be able to survive.” “Oppa, who was the one that told me that there’s always hope?” “Me.” “And who told me that they love me so much, that they’re willing to do anything?” “Me.” “Exactly. So, think of this business trip as something for me. You can spend all the time in the world you want with me when you come back. Listen, it’s getting late now. We should really sleep now, if you want to wake up early tomorrow.” I told him. “Arraso.” He picked me up and laid me down on the bed, and lay next to me.

I stared to the ceiling and listened to our breathing, in harmony, together. I turned my head to Junhyung after a while, and found him sleeping. Looking down on my waist, I saw his arm around it. Smiling, I tried savouring the moment. Three weeks of no night-time hugging. Three weeks of no passionate kisses. Three weeks of not hearing Doojoon’s laughter because of his dad. Three weeks of not seeing Junhyung… I’ll be strong through it. All couples have to spend time apart from each other at some point in time. Plus, this will benefit, because Junhyung will be promoted!


\~\~\~\~\~\


Junhyung was set to leave in two hours. We were in the airport, and waiting until it became an hour, before Junhyung would go through the gates. He didn’t want to leave me just yet. I smiled at him, and he smiled back. Junhyung held out his arms, and I willingly put Doojoon into them. He kissed Doojoon’s nose and watched as his son giggled with glee. Junhyung turned to me, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed, and put my hand against my cheek. Junhyung, I’m going to miss you.

After an hour, Junhyung reluctantly left us. Doojoon was trying his best not to cry, but ended up doing so. I bit my lip, trying my hardest not to let the tears come out. ‘Junhyung’s going to be back. You don’t need to cry! Be strong for your family! Fighting!’ I thought to myself. Taking one last glance at the gates, I left the airport and headed to my car.

There, I put Doojoon in his car seat, then went to the front and let all the tears come out. ‘There’s no kidding that I’ll be alright. I miss his so much already! I feel like such a weakling! I should be used to this thanks to his constant travelling, yet everytime… I cry. I bawl. I wish he was here next to me. Babo-yah! If you wanted him to stay, he didn’t have to go!... But he needs that promotion…’ I wiped my tears, and started the engine. I put the Bluetooth wireless earphone on and called Kikwang oppa.

‘Yeobeseyo?’ His voice asked

“Oppa, is it alright that I come over? Junhyung left for Canada, and it’ll feel lonely without him at home. I feel like having family company.” I requested.

‘Sure! Anything to see my nephew. How long will you be here for?’

“Three weeks probably.”

Kikwang whistled, ‘wow, that’s the longest he’s ever left you. You okay sis?’

“Yeah. I’ll be there, after packing our stuff arraso oppa?”

‘Yep. Just call when you arrive, so that I can open the gates. Bye Hanhan!’

“You know I’ve always hated that nickname!” I mumbled playfully.

‘Eh.’

“Bye bye oppa! See you!” I changed the subject, and hung up.

Three weeks with oppa. That should probably fix my problem, and fulfil the empty needing within me right? It should, since he is after all my family.


\~\~\~\~\~\


I got home and started to pack. Doojoon’s clothes, and then my own. Within three hours, I checked that the house was in perfect condition, so that when we got home, I didn’t need to clean anything. After checking everything was alright, and that the doors were locked, I carried Doojoon in his car seat into my car. After that I dragged the two suitcases towards my car and closed the boot. I ran to the driver’s seat, and started the car. Reversing out, we made our way to Kikwang’s house.

I called him when I was parked directly outside of his gate, “oppa, we’re here now.” ‘Arraso, I’ll open the gates now.’ As he was speaking, the gates automatically opened. “Oowah! Umma, is it magic?” Doojoon asked. “Neh honey it is. Kikwang oppa has magic powers you know!” “Omo! Hyung? We’re staying at hyung’s hose?” “It’s house honey, H.O.U.S.E.” “Howse.” Doojoon tried. I giggled, then drove in.

When I safely parked next to his car, Kikwang opened the main door, and opened his arms. I took Doojoon out from his car seat and ran into his arms, where he gave me the tightest hug ever. A big brother, one that cared for me. I’m lucky to have one. Doojoon moved about because of the tight hug. Kikwang loosened his hold from both of us.

“Whose this big boy huh?” Kikwang picked him up and swirled him around. I smiled, glad that Kikwang was there for me. I somehow felt that something was missing. Sure, Kikwang made me feel happy since I didn’t feel alone, but… I feel as it… Junhyung needed to be here with us… “I’m Yong Doojoon!” Doojoon smiled, and pinched his uncle’s cheeks. I giggled, “oppa can we go in now? It’s getting pretty cold out here.” I suggested.

Kikwang agreed and lead us into his home. A home that never failed to amaze me, with its new modern styles, modern furniture, Jacuzzi… and so much more! My big brother sure is a good businessman. The reason he and Junhyung weren’t in good terms with each other, was that both of them had business deals to fight over, and Kikwang won, [go us Lees!]. But, Junhyung started dating me, and later found out I was Kikwang’s sister. He loved me enough to put away his anger, and accept that Kikwang wasn’t a ruthless bastard. Which warmed my heart of course. He could’ve chosen to ignore Kikwang all his life, but because of me, the two are like inseparable brothers. The good things I do for people huh?

Kikwang put Doojoon down on the floor, and instantly, he ran around happily. I smiled, seeing him play with his favourite toy here at oppa’s house; the truck that when you pressed your foot on the button, it would move. He always squealed in delight every time he played in it.


\~\~\~\~\~\


After putting Doojoon to sleep in the guest room, where I’ll be joining him later on, I had a chat with oppa.

“So, Junhyung hyung left again? I don’t understand how you can stand him always leaving. Aren’t you afraid that he’d leave you for someone else? That he could get into an accident, and never be able to come back home?” oppa asked me. “Actually, I am. But before he left, he told me that I’m the one for him.” I said. Though, about Junhyung getting into an accident? That thought hadn’t occurred to me. “Hyung is strong, I know. But sis, I feel sorry for you. You’re constantly being left alone. Doojoon needs to have a father figure next to him. That he can appreciate. That won’t constantly be on the move. What I’m trying to say is, convince Junhyung that he doesn’t have to move around a lot to make ends meet. Look at me, I don’t travel a lot, yet I have this fabulous home!” “Yeah, but he likes travelling. I don’t want his passion to go away because of it. Besides, when he travels, he is able to buy me these amazing presents! I might sound shallow because of it, but when he gives me the presents, I feel as if he kept thinking about me. Because he was conscious of what I thought about the present. Wondering whether I liked it or not.” “Ahh, but he could’ve just been giving you the present to cover up for the lost time he had with you. Listen Hana, you’re my sister. I hate seeing you hurt. Seeing you cry because of hyung makes me regret ever becoming good friends with him. Because anyone that hurts my little sis, will never see the light of day again. But, since I know that you love him, I stop myself. Just please, try and not be a wimp. Stand up for your love. It’s your third year anniversary next week for crying out loud, and the man cares more about business. I’m not sure Hana, but… I don’t think he’s the one for you anymore.” “Of course he is! Oppa, I love him so much! He’s perfect for me. I’m just sad how he leaves a lot. But, to be honest, it’s because he wants the best for me and Doojoon. I understand his situation. Listen, I’m really thankful for you to have offered me company while Junhyung’s away, but please don’t be mean to him. I love the man, and if you’re badmouthing him, you might as well do the same to me. Goodnight oppa.” I stood up and left him.

‘Kikwang oppa didn’t mean what he said. He’s just tired. Both of us will sleep through this, and forget about it. We’ll start anew tomorrow, and be happy. I don’t want him to think of Junhyung badly again, so I shouldn’t cry. I need to make Kikwang see the goodness within him, so that they’re not just being ‘brotherly’ because of me, but because they want to.’ I crept into the guest room, to see Doojoon curled on his side. Smiling, I silently tip-toed and sat on the edge. I then lay myself down, and hugged him close to me. ‘My baby, you’re so much alike to me and your father. You cry easily, yet you’re strong willed like your father. Do umma a favour and don’t grow up too fast. I don’t want your dad to miss out on anything,’ and with that thought, I fell asleep.

- - - - -


Junhyung’s POV


I arrived at Canada after a sixteen hour long flight. In Korea, it’d probably be night time already, so I don’t really think I should call, in case they wake up. I’ve got such bad jetlag! I feel so tired, that I can’t be bothered to wait for my luggage, but I have to. I blinked multiple times to keep my eyes open. Humf. First class? Yeah right, more like ‘let’s all party and not let this one passenger that we don’t know sleep’ sounds better. There was a group of colleagues that seemed to have been celebrating, that were in the same class as me. I couldn’t sleep because they kept talking and rambling about their businesses.

I eventually got my luggage, and made my way out. I dragged my suitcase to customs, and finally I got through. Thankfully within a five minute walk, past lots of Duty Free stores, I caught sight of a Starbucks. I smelled the smell of fresh coffee and cakes. I went up to the counter, and asked, ‘do you have a large coke?’ Thankfully they did, and gave me some.

Sipping on the straw, I exited the Canadian airport, and looked for the hotel that I was staying at.

- - - - -


Hana's POV


I sighed. First morning without Junhyung. I’ve coped well, I’m actually cooking breakfast, while Kikwang is upstairs, snoring away. Doojoon was in his high chair strapped in safely. Occasionally, I would glance at him to check on him. He was playing with his food, which I didn’t really mind. I could always clean him up later. I took the pan off from the stove, and turned the gas off. An omelette for breakfast, with orange juice.

Placing the omelette on a plate, and the juice into a cup, I lifted both items in my hand, and walked over to the table, where another omelette was. One was for me, the other for oppa. I pouted, and turned to the side. With only me and Doojoon down here, we might as well be at home to be honest. Rolling my eyes, I walked up to Doojoon.

“Umma’s going to be gone for a while arraso? Don’t do anything that will make umma angry neh?” I asked. He nodded in return, so I made my way up.

I searched from door to door, trying to find Kikwang’s room. Knowing my brother, he’d like the room with the most light in. So, in the end, I chose the last room to the left. However, instead of going in without knocking, I heard him speaking to someone on the phone. Maybe that’s why he hasn’t come down yet. I was about to leave, that is until I heard my husband’s name mentioned. So, with pure curiosity, I pushed my ear against the door.

‘Junhyung hyung, why don’t you see that you’re hurting my sister? She’s sad since you left you know. Yes, yes, I know, it’s for the well-being of your family. But how so, if you’re constantly leaving them? ... Yes, I understand, yet look at me. I stay at home and I’m perfectly fine! I’m not giving stress out to people I love! Eugh! Yes! I know I’m not married so that I shouldn’t need to leave constantly… but please. Aish, you really don’t get it do you? MY SISTER IS HURTING BECAUSE OF YOU! SHE’S CRYING BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT BY HER SIDE, SHE’S LONELY BECAUSE SHE CAN’T SPEND TIME WITH HER HUSBAND, AND SHE’S SCARED THAT YOU’LL MISS OUT ON SEEING DOOJOON GROW! What kind of a sick bastard does that huh? Look, I’m not trying to make you sad or anything. I just want the best for my little sis. And… oh, what’s that? You’re apologizing? To me? Dude, apologize to your WIFE.’ He hung up.

My breath was caught in my throat, when I heard the following, “come in.”

I entered oppa’s room. He knew I had been listening all along!

- - - - - -

Junhyung’s POV


Damn. She’s really suffering because of me? I face palmed myself. She is right though… I’m missing out on the days when we always had dates every evening. What have I become? I’m leaving my family for what? Money? If I suddenly came home one day, and saw no family, money won’t cause me any happiness. No, my family would.

Promotion or no promotion, I’ve got to fix this mess immediately! I called my boss, and told him that I was going to leave. He protested at first, but when I told him my situation, he agreed that I needed to rest. His family was important to him, and he knew how I felt since he had been the same not too long ago. I thanked him, and started to pack up my clothes. I just hope that there’s still an available flight for me to get on, ready to be back in Korea for tomorrow!

Before leaving though, I went to the shopping mall in the Hotel I was staying at. There were fine selections of rings, bracelets, broaches, tiaras, necklaces and earrings. Something caught my eye though. Glistening ruby necklaces that instantly said ‘I’m sorry’ in my eyes. A perfect ‘forgive me’ present for the perfect wife! I instantly bought it, and apologized to the couple about to buy it

The woman behind the glass panes gave me the box; I smiled and rushed to my hotel room, where I could pack it with my luggage as well. I called my secretary to arrange me tickets. Only, there was a slight downside to it…

“Yeoseul set up some tickets for me. I need to leave for a flight to Korea arriving tomorrow.” “Sir, that’s impossible. Conditions are stormy on the flight’s path. You’ll have to wait for it to clear up before you can fly out of the country.” “WHAT?! When will the storm pass then?” “In three weeks’ time.” “Woman, I said I need the flight now! I can’t wait three weeks!” “Sir, no need to be rude! I’m sorry, but what can I do? You have a family to get back to, and I don’t want to be the blame of you coming back here in Seoul burnt because of lighting!” “You’re right. Mianhe! But you see, my family is the reason why I’m going. I don’t want to have to spend any less time with them than I have already done. I would fly from state to state, continent to continent, just to get to them on time!” “You could do that, but… it might be more expensive.” “Aigoo! I don’t care! Just as long as I can get there A.S.A.P!” “Oh sir! Good news! The sky will be clear on one day, on Saturday. You think you can wait for two days?” “Ahh, it’s the best shot I’ve got right? Sure, I’ll wait for two days.” “Thanks sir. I’m looking forward to seeing you soon!” “And… one more thing, don’t tell my family. I want to surprise them about this!” “Neh sir! Bye!” She hung up.

‘Yong family, wait for me. I’m coming home!!’ I smiled to myself, and stared out my hotel window, seeing dark clouds forming. ‘That is if I get to go on the plane’ I thought, frowning.

- - - - - - -

Hana’s POV


“So, breakfast oppa?” I innocently asked him. “Don’t play coy with me!” He stared at me, “I know you’ve been listening to what I said to your husband. I’m sorry okay? He needed to know.” I looked down, my hands falling limp, “no he didn’t. Now, he’s going to feel sad that he left us. I don’t want him unhappy. It’s alright for me to be unhappy, but for him? I don’t think I can take it…” “Yes, but what about how I feel huh? Did you ever consider that into your mind? Or, were you too busy thinking about your Junhyung that you didn’t care about your own oppa seeing you sad? Hana, it hurts okay? It hurts me seeing my only little sister sad.” Kikwang said. “Oppa, I’m not sad. Okay… maybe a little bit. But, I can handle it. I always have, and always will. I’m a strong girl, you know that obviously. Oppa, please, now you told him, he’ll worry. I don’t want him distracted from work! Now, he won’t be able to focus!” “Well, I can’t focus on I ANYTHING seeing you sad okay? Please, if he loves you truly, then he’ll come home. If he doesn’t care, and cares more for his business, well, that’s your deal then. I won’t do anything, but comfort you from the pain.” Kikwang promised. “Aish oppa. Let’s just go downstairs now and eat breakfast. Doojoon must be wondering where we are.” I mumbled, trudging down the steps, hoping to hear steps behind me. Which I eventually heard after five minutes.

The breakfast meal was silent. I kept staring out the window, at the rainy day. I bit my lip. The weather is so bad. Can oppa even come home? The weather seems to be really bad… Kikwang turned on the TV, breaking my track of thoughts, and I whipped my head when I heard the news report.

‘It is reported that severe rain will occur between the American and Asian continents. A heavy storm will break out, and will last two days. Flights between the two continents will be cancelled for the safety of the people. Flights will be delayed, and people will have to either stay in the hotels or at the airports. So far, no one is harmed with the weather. We’ll keep you updated.’

Kikwang changed the channel. I just stood there frozen. ‘Oppa, you can’t be on your way back now right? Surely you’re not stupid enough to risk your life. Hehehe, how silly am I to even be thinking this? Of course he won’t be coming home. He understands the weather conditions. I just hope oppa isn’t hurt or anything…’ I thought. I chewed on the omelette in a monotone mood. Doojoon was upstairs playing with Kikwang in the TV room next to the bathroom. From upstairs, I could hear Toy Story being played and squeals of happiness. My mouth twitched a bit, trying to smile, but only the slightest bit…

The rain hadn’t cleared one bit. It was still pouring, if not, even more heavily than before. Pulling myself off the chair, I took a walk around the house. Going out would be bad, I might get sick because of the rain. I looked up, at the chandelier gleaming a pale yellow. If there was an earthquake, it would fall on me right now. But, because of that thought, I took three careful steps away from being directly under the light. I sighed, ‘I guess I’ll just have to wait for oppa to come back in three weeks’ time…’ I pouted, and went to my room.


\~\~\~\~\~\


Two days have passed. The rain cleared away, like the newscast had said it would. I looked out the window, and stared at the clear sky. I remembered what Kikwang said ‘if he loved you, he’d come back’. I closed my eyes, ‘oppa prove Kikwang wrong. Come back to me. Tell him that you love me and will be there for us.’ I opened my eyes, to see my reflection on the window. No change. I was still at Kikwang’s house. Sighing, I walked to the living room and watched SpongeBob with Doojoon.

All of a sudden, there was a buzz around the house.

“Relax, it’s just the gate buzzer. Someone came to visit! I wonder who it is… omo… You’ll never believe this sis.” Kikwang pulled me over to him, and then told me to look through the peep hole. “Junhyung oppa…” I murmured. I pushed Kikwang away from me, and opened the front door, and ran to open the gate. There, I met the warmest arms wrapping around my waist. “Junhyung oppa…” I breathed into his neck. I could feel vibrations from his laughter. “Dang, your brother was right. You did miss me a lot.” Heck yes, you don’t know how much! I gave him a loving kiss, and pulled back. I pinched his cheek. He winced and asked, “what was that for?” I replied, “to check if you were really here. Oppa, you don’t know how much I’ve missed you.” His eyes softened, and he leaned in to kiss me again.


\~\~\~\~\~\

I was in the kitchen, gazing into Junhyung’s eyes, and holding his hand. He was speaking to Kikwang explaining why he suddenly arrived.

“I missed my family so much. I only got a wakeup call to reality when you called me two days ago. I asked from my boss if I could go home. I explained my situation, and he agreed immediately. I don’t care about my promotion anymore. If it means not going to go home to a family then I quit.” Junhyung stated. “Great! You can work for me! It’d be awesome, we’ll be unbeatable!” Kikwang planned, his eyes gleaming. “Now oppa, you make it sound like you two are gang leaders and that you just became allies!” I joked, only to get serious faces back, “what, are you gang leaders?” Junhyung coughed loudly, “no honey. We just wanted to trick you.” I nodded, still suspicious.

The whole afternoon, Junhyung forgot that he just arrived from a plane and played with Doojoon with a smile that caused me to smile. If I could see colors for people’s auras, Junhyung’s would be yellow because of happiness, and mine blue because of the calmness I felt. I giggled at Junhyung pretending to die. Doojoon had a sad face, and was kicking his dad’s ribcage. Junhyung was non-moving. I started to get worried, but then he ‘came back to life’ and roared at Doojoon. I smiled again, a nice scene. Seeing my only son getting chased my his dad. Sure, scary to look at, but… to be honest, it meant that Junhyung was here. And him being here just completed my day.

Kikwang tapped my shoulder, and I turned around. He pulled me to my room and whispered into my ear ‘wear something that your husband would love’ before pushing me in. Confused, I went to the closet with a daze.

- - - - - -
Junhyung’s POV


“HYUNG! I got your wife in the room ready to change. Why don’t you go into my room and change? I’ll look after your little rascal arraso?” I turned to look at Kikwang with a smile, and thanked him, before running to his room. On his bed was a suit that had a casual yet ‘sophisticated’ look about it. I smiled, and put it on.

After twenty minutes, I was out, and waiting in the living room. Half an hour later, I heard the sound of heels clicking against the marble stair floor. Turning my head, I almost had a heart attack. Hana was in a stunning ocean blue dress that cascaded down to the floor. It had ruffles on the waist area, in a lighter shade than the rest of the dress. Her hair was up, and there were little curls loose. I had been keeping my breath in for some reason.

Finally next to me, she curled her hair behind her ear, and asked, “how do I look?” I replied with a smile, “breath-taking.” Which was true, she took my breath away. Only she can have that effect on me.

We went off to dinner at a restaurant near the ocean. It was evening, and the sun was about to set. A violin was playing in the background, and couples were dancing around. The restaurant had a European theme to it. It smelled of Lavender and wine. Colors of different shades were around us and the tables had elegant dressings. We ordered for Greek Salad, with Wine. I kept staring at my wife’s face. She looked so innocent! She kept looking around, curious about the different sights and smells. I smiled, she looked like a young child that didn’t know where she was.

The orders came, and we ate the food in an awkward silence.

“Hana, we look like an awkward couple that just went on their first date!” I joked. “Oh, sorry. It’s just… unusual. We haven’t gone on dates like this in a while. I’m just slightly feeling like this isn’t real.” I started to feel bad. She wasn’t used to having dates with me because I never took her to places anymore. “Look, I’m sorry about that. I feel really bad about it, and I wish to make it up to you. Hana, from this moment forth, I will not and cannot leave you anymore. I will look for a job that wouldn’t make me leave home as much. That wouldn’t make me miss out on some moments in my family life. Hana, you mean the world to me, and if I am to ever los you, I’ll never forgive myself.” I looked down. Hana’s hand landed on my cheek, and I looked up expectantly. “That… that means a lot to me oppa. Thank you,” she murmured. I grinned, and continued to eat my dinner.

After the dinner, I spent the rest of the night walking with her in the streets of a busy Seoul. We walking hand in hand, swinging them occasionally. Her happy laugh never failed to make me smile. I was making her happy. The way it should be.

“Oppa, you didn’t have to go to this extent. We could just be at home, being cozy together. I mean, Kikwang oppa must be bother now. He might’ve been really busy. And, I interrupted him!” She face palmed herself. I grabbed her hand, preventing her to hurt herself. “Sst! I’m sure your brother doesn’t mind. He cares for you, and is willing –like I am – to do anything for you arraso?” “Okay. I get it. It’s just… I bothered him, and here I am bothering him again, by having to look after Doojoon.” “Aigoo. Baby, why don’t you realize that I wanted to do this for you huh? I missed being with you, and when I asked Kikwang to do this favour for me, he smiled, and told me that I was finally back to being the Junhyung that he admired. Hana, your brother didn’t disagree with this. In fact, he made the reservations himself!” I explained, she smiled slightly. I put my arms around her, and pulled her close. “SARANGHAE my love.” I murmured. “Nado saranghae.” She replied, kissing my cheek.

\~\~\~\~\~\

I spent the whole week with my family. I didn’t go out the house once. We went back home the day after my dinner with Hana. It was great. I finally realized that my family missed me and that I didn’t have to work almost every day! On Monday, I took them to the zoo. Doojoon saw his first monkey! It was hilarious when he tried to imitate them. On Tuesday we went to the arcade, and I won Doojoon many toys and presents. On Wednesday, I had a romantic dinner with my wife, presenting her the ruby earrings, because it was our anniversary. Her eyes were glistening with tears, and she had kissed me non-stop the whole evening. (I was really happy that night).

Now, its Thursday and we were planning to have a picnic on the beach, if Hana hadn’t collapsed. Worried, I picked her up, and took her to my car. Doojoon was strapped in, then we set off for the hospital. When we arrived there, I rushed to the doctor. He quickly took her into the room and ran tests to see what was going on. He came out grinning widely.

“Aigoo. Such a sill excuse to come to the hospital.” He murmured. “What do you mean by that?” I asked. “Well, from the tests, your wife is pregnant. Two days to be honest. Which is strange, because she collapsed. Was she overworking perhaps? This could’ve happened because of over-exhaustion.” I froze… pregnant? OMO! MY WIFE WAS PREGANT. I lifted Doojoon and spun him around, “you’re going to be a big brother now!” I shouted, really happy.

-END-

*************
I'm so so so so so sorry about the long delay! *bows*

No comments:

Post a Comment