Interested to find where I work?

Sites I can be requested from:
Writer's Strike for reviews and oneshots. Spinwebs and June's Dream for graphic requests.

Saturday 19 February 2011

Only You

Requestor: MiinaMinji
Writer: purple_lilly
Characters: Kwon Minji & Yong Junhyung

\~\~\~\~\

Minji sighed. Her day wasn’t starting out so great. For one thing, she woke up to see that there was an empty space on the bed next to her. Her boyfriend Junhyung had left, and didn’t even say goodbye. However, he did leave a note:


Jagiya,
Enjoy your day! I’ll be out with the boys; we’re going to be performing at a restaurant. It’s called ‘Starry eyed’. Do try and come!~
--Junhyung oppa.

She sat up from her bed, and ruffled her hair. She wasn’t going to waste a good Saturday by being in her room pouting about that her boyfriend wasn’t with her. She felt lucky that he had told her where he was and was actually inviting her! She sighed again, and left the room. The bedroom seemed like a plain place to be at the moment, without her Junhyung oppa. So, she went to the kitchen and prepared herself some breakfast. What she thought would have been a peaceful breakfast ended up being ruined because of a phone call. Blowing at her bangs, she rolled her eyes.


“Yeobeseyo?” She asked.
“Minji-ah! Morning! I’m sorry I left you without saying anything. I hope you’re alright at home by yourself.” Junhyung had called to check up on her, and in the background she could hear music.
“Neh UMMA. I’m just great!”
“Aish. Just make sure to lock the doors and windows arraso? I don’t want my baby being hurt, especially when I can’t be there to protect her.”
Minji giggled, “yeah yeah. I’ll see you at the restaurant later okay?”
“Okay. Bye baby, saranghae~”
“Love you too oppa!” She hung up.


Minji pouted. Something she always seemed to do when bored. She propped her elbows up, and leaned on her hands. Head tilted to the side, she thought about what to do for the day. ‘Should I… clean the house? No, Junhyung oppa already did that. Should I… catch up on some homework? Nahh, I don’t have any. Should I just spend the day getting ready? Yeah, I guess so.’ So with that decision in mind, Minji went to the cupboard, took out some cereal, ate it within fifteen minutes then went back upstairs. There, she spent time on what to wear. Taking out dresses, casual tops, hoodies, jeans, cardigans, scarves, hats, anything that seemed to have caught her eye.


Eventually, after hard decision making, Minji decided on wearing a deep coloured top with a floral pattern that reached her knees, black jeggings, a scarf that was navy, a cardigan that was light grey and a belt to hold the scarf and cardigan together. Smiling at her new combination, she packed the other clothes back, but when she tried to put the t-shirt at the second top shelf, she knocked down something from the top ledge. It was a card. Curious, Minji opened it.

Junhyung oppa,

Happy Valentine’s day! I know, you are busy and things aren’t going well for you, but always know that I’m there for you throughout all your tough times. I’ll be there to support you along the way. To steady you so that you won’t fall. To make sure that you’re constantly smiling. Oppa, saranghae.

--Jeneun xx.


Minji stared wide-eyed at the card. Why would he have kept this card if he was already with her? Jeneun was Junhyung’s girlfriend before her. By keeping the card, did that mean that he still had feelings for his ex? ‘Ani, oppa loves me. He said so himself, I can’t let just this small thing get in the way!’ Minji’s heart said. Her brain however disagreed, ‘babo! This means that he can’t give up his ex. If he had kept it, that means he still thinks of her. You should be who he thinks about, not Jeneun!’

“Oppa, he wouldn’t be just… using me right? If he hid it, maybe he forgot about it… I don’t think it would be smart asking him about this. It would mean that I was evading his privacy, which would make me a clingy girlfriend, which I’m obviously not. No, I shall put this matter aside, and forget about it.” Minji talked to herself. Confronting Junhyung about this matter could probably make matters worse…


~ ~ ~


Minji arrived at the restaurant within three hours of discovering the card. But, her breath got caught in her throat when she saw the scene in front of her. Jeneun was there, and her arms were wrapped around Junhyung. Closing her eyes, Minji gulped, and proceeded forth.

“Oppa?” She asked, trying to sound casual.
Almost immediately, the two scrambled off each other. “Ahh, Minji, you’re even prettier in person. I now see that Junhyung still has good taste in women. So, how long have you been dating? Two weeks?” Jeneun asked.
“Actually, two years.” Minji spitefully spat.
“Ooh, wow. That can’t beat our four years huh oppa?”
“Err… hehe, yeah…” Junhyung sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. He could sense that his girlfriend was going red with anger.
The whole evening wasn’t as bad as they all expected. Everything was calm and peaceful. Minji was at the side-lines watching Junhyung entertain the people eating. However, her eyes couldn’t help but wander to Jeneun, who was staring at him, with eyes full of love.

‘She still isn’t over him… I don’t think I should be here. I’m only getting myself hurt, seeing that their love for each other is still living in them. It’s not right for me to be here.’ And with that thought, Minji left, feeling like her world was shattering, and her heart was in unbearable pain. ‘I’m his girlfriend. I should’ve been the one with my arms wrapped around him. When I arrived, he didn’t even give me a kiss on the cheek like usual, and yet, HE LET THAT GIRL HUG HIM?! I knew that I should’ve just stayed at home in bed.’

~ ~ ~

Junhyung looked around the restaurant. He asked his friends if they’d have seen Minji, but all shook their heads, apart from Hyunseung.

“I saw her leave not too long ago. Whatever happened, it seemed to have been really bothering her. She was almost crying.”
“BWOH?! Junhyung, what did you do?!” Yoseob asked him.
“I… I really have no idea. But, I think its best that I leave. Kikwang, take over for me.”
“Arraso hyung!” Kikwang took the mike, and started to crack some jokes on the stage.

‘Minji, you’re probably home right? Oppa’s coming. I’ll sort out this mess – one I don’t even know about – one way or another.’ Junhyung was about to leave, when a hand grabbed his arm.


“Oppa, why are you leaving? The guys aren’t finished yet, and you still haven’t gone to my house to give me a proper… welcome.” Jeneun slurred. She was drunk.
“Jeneun, I can’t. I’ve gotta get home to my girlfriend.”
“What’s so special about her? I could give you so much moooore.” She stumbled forwards.
“Aish!” Junhyung had no choice but to take her back inside.


After that, he went back out, and ran home. Doojoon drove him there, but he couldn’t really bother him right now. He NEEDED to get home PRONTO! Cursing at how his legs weren’t going fast enough, he sped through the streets, alleys, busy roads. Anything just to get home on time, to be able to sort things out. Even if it was just a slight misunderstanding, he needed to fix it. He didn’t want his girlfriend to be sad because of anything. He’d either regret it if he didn’t, or feel glad that he did something about it.


Keying the code in, he raced up the pathway, two steps at a time, and rushed through the door. Minji who was in the kitchen heard the bang, and her heart quickened. ‘Junhyung won’t be home right now. He’s too busy with his friends.’ She thought, thinking it was a burglar; she got the baseball bat under the chair ready in her left hand, ready to whack anyone in her way. When she saw the shadow cross her vision, she whacked him on the head.

“Aish, woman! You know how to cause a man pain you know that?” Junhyung bellowed.
“Omo, oppa I’m so sorry! I didn’t know it was you. Gahh, you must hate me more now because of that.” She brought him up by the shoulders, and helped him stand.
“What do you mean? I never hate you in the first place! Why would I do so anyways?”
“Because you’re with your ex-girlfriend. You were only using me to have someone love you, while you were still dealing with the pain. Don’t look confused oppa. I saw the way she looked at you. She looked at you with so much love, that I couldn’t even compete with it. I don’t belong with you oppa. The both of you do…” Minji silently cried.
Junhyung’s heart broke to see his love cry in front of him, because of him. “Baboyah! I love you, no other girl out there is worthy of me. I’m in pain to see you cry in front of me right now. To see that it’s my fault… it hurts here-“ he pointed to his heart, “-my heart cries when you cry, it bursts with joy when you laugh. Minji-ah, I love you okay? Don’t you ever doubt that.”
“But... –sniffle- you two were so intimately close with each other, then you pulled away quickly, which made me feel like you two were guilty or something…” she mumbled.
“That’s because we were curious to see if we had any attraction with each other. Obviously I didn’t, but she did, so she held on. I quickly let go, hoping that you didn’t get the wrong idea. But… I guess that wasn’t the case.” Something shiny caught his eye. It was the envelope that he hadn’t read from Valentine’s Day. “You read this? Is this why you doubted me?” He held the card up. Minji pouted and turned her head to the side. “You do know that you’re the first person to read it right? I never opened it. Didn’t you notice as you were prying through my things?” He teased her.
This worried Minji, “oppa, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to spy. I was just curious. And… yes I did read it. I didn’t know that you hadn’t read it. But still, why did you keep it?”
“I don’t know. Maybe because it was pretty, ” Junhyung thought about it, “Maybe because I may still love her somewhere. But… please, understand. Our four year relationship meant everything to me. Don’t get it the wrong way, but… a man has to have time to move on arraso?”
Minji leaned on his chest and nodded, “arraso. I understand. I’ll wait for you to fully move on.”


Junhyung suddenly held onto his head. “Ahh, this is so painful!”
“Mianhe oppa!” Minji grabbed his head, and examined it. She didn’t notice that when she was looking at his head, checking whether anything was wrong, he was looking at her with soft eyes that showed much love. He couldn’t help himself, and ended up giving her a kiss. Her eyes widened, and she kissed him back.
“I think it’s better now, ”he smirked.
“Perv.” Minji pushed on his chest.
“But you gotta love me right?”
“Yeah. Of course. I love this babo so much!” She hugged him tight, and closed her eyes, listening to their heartbeats.



\~\~\~\~\



Three years had passed. Minji was now twenty-two and Junhyung was twenty-five. The two had graduated, and were living the happy life together. Every day, they woke up to see their lover’s eyes staring into their own. Smiling, Minji took Junhyung’s hand in her own, and they stared at their entwined hands up in the air together. The wedding ring glistened in the sunlight.

“Hey, can we have coke?” Junhyung asked.
Minji stared at him, dropping their hands, “you know… I was trying to have a romantic moment with you, but no! You had to ruin it by suggesting you stupid-“
Junhyung kissed her to shut her up. “Actually, you’re more addicting than coke…” He mumbled in her lips.



-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment