Interested to find where I work?

Sites I can be requested from:
Writer's Strike for reviews and oneshots. Spinwebs and June's Dream for graphic requests.

Thursday 2 June 2011

Truth behind all

Title: Truth behind all…
Writer: purple_lilly
Requestor: Leanna

████████████████████████████████████

Dear Go Dae,
We are happy to tell you that you are now accepted to work as the sound technician in J Tunes entertainment. We’d love to hear from you soon as to whether or not you’re still interested in working for us. Please contact us as soon as possible. Thank you.
J.Tune CEO

Dae stared at the letter speechless. She was accepted! She quickly called her best friend Hae Ra to share the joyful news.

“YAH! Why are you calling me!? I’m on a date with a really cute guy! Please call back later!” Hae Ra hung up and continued talking to her date as if nothing happened.

Dae stared at her phone. ‘Rude much? She could’ve at least said “call back later” instead of shout at me. Seriously! I sometimes wonder what would’ve happened if I didn’t chose her as a best friend in pre-school, but what can I do?’ She rolled her eyes and quickly dialled the phone number that was on the letter.

“Hello? This is Go Dae. I’m calling on behalf for the acceptance letter from J. Tunes. I’d like to accept it.”
‘Great! We’d love to have you come over soon. Any time that suits you we’d take. Staff has been really low – thanks to obsessive fans…’
Dae laughed, “I have nothing going on right now… how about I drive over there and I start early?”
‘Oh~ I sense an eager employee. We were certainly smart in hiring you. Sure, we’re available to take you in today. There’ll be someone waiting in the reception for you, just tell them your name, and they’ll give you a tour and some rules. Looking forward to work with you Miss Go!’
“Me too. I’ll be on my way. Thanks so much!”
‘No problem!’

Dae smiled and got ready. She made sure to not be too formal or too casual looking like she lived there and was too comfortable. Nor did she want to reveal that much skin so she just put on her usual jeans with a cute top of little chibis playing around. She got to her car and drove off to J.Tunes entertainment.

The person waiting in reception was a lady that looked really strict. She sternly gave Dae a harsh look over and raised an eyebrow then broke into a smile. She looked really old when strict and now that she had smiled was now looking like Dae’s mother. Dae looked at the woman weirdly only to hear the janitor chuckle while walking by.

“Don’t worry, she’s always like that to newbies. You’ll get used to her attitude. I mean, that’s how she was to me when I first started. Now look at me, I married her!” Dae smiled at the man and watched the woman blush.

“Hello my name in Hwang Minjyeo. Please call me unnie. Ajhumma makes me feel old. I am like the part-time umma here in J.Tune entertainment. I am also the person who sorts out the employee placements. So you have me to thank for getting you the job. I may look strict, but I’ll loosen up to you if you deserve the potential. Anyways, get up, and we shall start the tour. To your left is the practice room where trainees practice. To the right is a really long hallway. This is where the vocal practices take place along with aspiring instrument players to play in the background. We’re now to head to the second floor – oh do keep up – so please follow me to the elevator.
“The second floor is where the trainees dorm is, if they choose to not have to travel every day, and now we reach the third floor. This is where the talents are kept. By talents I mean people who have already debuted. Right now, only one band is here MBLAQ. However CEO Rain may have a new girl group in mind. But keep that to yourself. I’m sure you’re familiar with the MBLAQ members. Anyway, onto the fourth floor. This is where you shall be staying if you need to stay overnight. There are other sound technicians so I’m not sure if you may need to stay over. So that’s all. I hope you’ll settle in just fine and get along with everyone. Welcome to the J.Tune family and have a good day.”

She then walked away and left Dae standing there on her own. She didn’t notice that a certain someone was staring at her since she arrived on the fourth floor. That certain someone was Joon. He stared at her with his head tilted, in a way which people would describe as ‘checking someone out’. He was always fond of seeing new employees’ faces and always wanted to make them friends with him. However, the down side of this was that they always ended up falling for him. Sure, Rain got annoyed with the workers he had to fire because of Joon and always lectured him, but what could he do? Joon couldn’t stop making female friends. Rain was only thankful that there were some girls immune to Joon’s charms and ‘hotness’.

Dae walked over to the door labelled ‘sound’ and knocked. The door opened, revealing a girl who looked bothered but was really cute. As soon as she saw Dae and not the person she thought it was, she replaced the bothered look with a smile and welcomed her in.

“Hi, my name is Jong Jong-i. I do the lighting in concerts and music videos. Sorry about that glare I gave you earlier. Thought you were Joon. He’s constantly annoying the employees on this floor. Guy needs a new hobby besides bothering the opposite sex. Seriously. I guess you’re wondering why I’m in the sound department instead of the lighting? Well, I heard that there was a new employee under this field and wanted to meet them. I guess I already did that.”
Dae smiled, “I’m Dae. Yeah, you pretty much read my mind.” Dae then frowned, realizing that Jong-i was reminding her of Hae Ra. “I’m sorry, you remind me so much of my best friend. I was telling her about the job but she told me to shut up and stop ruining her date. I just wanted to share my good news with her… but I guess I’ve annoyed her too much. Would telling a friend about getting a job be annoying?”
“No, not annoying at all. That friend of yours is stupid. She shouldn’t have treated you that way. She’s mean I’m guessing right?” Dae nodded. “I’m right, so with that… maybe you should see the real her before bad things happen.
“But I’ve been her friend for a long time. I’m sure she won’t be mean to me at all.”
Jong-i  walked over to the door and opened it, “well… people change…oh. Hi Joon.” She gave Dae a warning look before walking out.

Joon wanted to see what Dae really was like. Dae felt her heart race. ‘No wonder girls love him. He’s adorable and smiling at me! Aiyoo! I need to think professional if I want to keep this job.’ Dae tried to avoid his gaze and made herself busy with the keyboard which looked like a DJ’s deck in a club. She smiled, dragging her hands about and started to make random beats. She plugged in the headphones and started mixing beats. Totally forgetting about the other being in the room. The headphones were suddenly pulled off her. She stared at Joon.

“Hi! I’m Joon.” Joon smiled at her, giving her the best heart race of her life.
Gulping before answering, “I’m pretty busy right now. Please can you come back another time?”
Joon smirked and swiped him thumb across his lips, making Dae quiver and melt. She uncomfortably took the headphones from him and continued. ‘Hmm, playing hard to get? I know you like me already… you’re cute you know?’ “Hey, what’s your name? Otherwise I’ll just call you with a really cheesy nickname.” Dae fumbled with the controls honestly wondering why she couldn’t play anything. “Hey, cutie… what’s your name?”
Dae blushed, and took off her headphones and put them on her neck. She looked at him with her eyes rolling, “if you must know, it’s Dae…” her voice trailed away when she saw Joon’s gaze on her. ‘W-what’s going on…?’ she wondered. Her lips suddenly became dry, but she didn’t want to lick it in case Joon got the wrong idea and thought of her as a pervert.
Joon grinned, and patted her head, “nice to meet you Dae~” and left.

Now that he had left, Dae was free to lick her dry lips and wipe the sweat that appeared on her hands somehow. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts Dae resumed to her work and made herself comfortable with the music. She smiled hearing the good beats and started to place some together. She always wanted to do this, but there was never any room for a full deck at her apartment. Her dream really did come true.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dae had been working at J.Tune for nearly three weeks. She was enjoying the job so much that she always came in early. Though sometimes she worked late at night because of Rain wanting to go over the tunes with her and the only time available for him was during the night. Of course she didn’t mind since she was a fan of Rain for quite a while and wanted to make him proud of her. It just so happened that in the morning of her third week working, Hae Ra called her, asking if they wanted to go out shopping (well shop for Hae Ra while Dae watched).

Dae declined saying, “I’m sorry, I have work. You can go shopping on your own. I know you’ll find something cute. Plus I’d feel like a third wheel if you end up flirting with the shop’s manager’s assistant…”
‘That was a one-time thing! AND WHAT?! You got a job? Why didn’t you ever tell me this? What kind of best friend are you?!’ Hae Ra shouted over the telephone.
“I did tell you. You just didn’t listen to me. Anyways, I work at J.Tune entertainment. YES I KNOW THE MUSIC INDUSTRY! I’ve made it in big-time now!” Dae celebrated.
‘Woo! So, when can I go visit you?’ Hae Ra just wanted to check out the idols.
“How about I come over now and then we go together?”
‘You’re awesome. Love ya!’

Dae stared at her phone once again because of her best friend. ‘Why is it that I feel like she’s just using me recently? I mean… I’ve felt like this all through our friendship… but why does it seem like I know it more now? Aish, I’ll just take her there… who knows, maybe we’ll be closer than ever because of this.’ She thought. After fifteen minutes of getting ready, she drove to Hae Ra’s house and waited for almost twenty minutes for her friend to get ready. ‘I’ve never been late before, but she may be the reason for my first tardy!’ Dae kept checking her watch. Finally Hae Ra emerged, looking like a model and wearing sunglasses, for a cloudy day. Dae raised her eyebrow is concern for her friend’s sanity, but oh well. She had no choice but to deal with it, she needed to get going to work already.

All throughout the trip Hae Ra kept asking Dae questions about work which would lead onto the MBLAQ members and how they act around her if they were nice or not. Dae just answered honestly, and tried to not get irritated as to why Hae Ra didn’t ask anything about her, just about her work or MBLAQ. They eventually arrived and Hae Ra looked around like a three-year-old. Since Dae was a worker, she got to park her car inside, Hae Ra was able to see the indoor area of the entertainment. She smiled and squealed at every poster that they passed. Every Rain poster Hae Ra thought was the real Rain and would run up to it. ‘Maybe bringing her here was a bad idea…’ Dae thought.

They were on the fourth floor entering the sound room when Joon came up to the two girls. He had just finished practicing and was waiting for Dae to turn up at the sound room.

“Err, Dae I’ve got something to ask you.”
As per usual Dae blushed and said, “oh, alright. Well, let’s go into the sound room and discuss it there okay?” Hae Ra coughed rather loudly and rudely. “Oh, this is my friend Hae Ra. She wanted to come and visit me today.”
“Hi Hae Ra. I’m Joon. Welcome to J.Tune. Any friend of Dae MUST be a friend of mine.” Joon smiled at her, then pulled Dae into the Sound room. “Dae… why do I feel like she’s just here for MBLAQ and to not really visit you here?” Joon whispered into her ear.
Hae Ra saw this and enviously frowned. ‘I’m prettier than her. I mean who has purple streaks on their short hair? She’s just someone who needs a total makeover. She’d look better without the purple streaks, but I won’t tell her that. I wouldn’t want competition – not that she would be in the beginning.’ Huffing she followed Dae into the room, “err Dae do you know where I could find some water? I’m sort of thirsty…” Hae Ra took off her sunglasses dramatically expecting Joon to be drooling over her and staring, but no. He was too busy discussing his concern with Dae. Angrily Hae Ra tapped her foot.
Dae looked up and said, “oh… outside to your left.” Then went back to discussing with Joon. She was so absorbed into her suggestion that she hadn’t noticed Joon staring at her like Hae Ra had. She fumed and crossed her arms then walked out.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Since that day Hae Ra started to visit more often with Dae and wore more revealing clothes to attract Joon’s attention. However no matter how hard she tried Joon would always look at Dae and talk to her. He was more interested in a girl that was kind rather than a girl who was desperate enough to wear completely revealing clothes that a three year old would know didn’t look good on people. Hae Ra was always trying to get Joon alone, but he could sense that and would walk out. Dae was oblivious to what was happening. She was oblivious to the jealous best friend, and to Joon who kept flirting with her. Well, she occasionally saw Joon giving her a gaze to melt anyone but she wanted to be professional and didn’t want any chances ruined.

“Minjyeo? Is that your name?” Hae Ra asked Minjyeo.
“Yes. What is your concern? I’m pretty busy right now and can’t be bothered. Whatever you have in mind must be very important to have disturbed me.”
“Oh, it’s really important.” Hae Ra smirked. “You see, I think Dae and Joon are falling in love with each other. I think you should fire Dae before things get out of hand and their feelings get out of control. Joon may lose focus in his career while she’s gone but he’ll get over it if he doesn’t fall too deep in love with her. And Dae… I don’t want her to have her career gone either. If you please… I think the best solution would be that…”
“I see. Well, we’ll have to talk about this more with the CEO and with Joon and Dae of course. Thanks for notifying me though. You’re a very handy person aren’t you…-“
“Hae Ra.”
“Hae Ra. Well, thanks. You can be off now.” Minjyeo smiled and made Hae Ra walk off.

Jong-i who heard the whole thing shook her head in dismay. Hae Ra had gone too far now. She was ruining everything. All because she was selfish and didn’t want her best friend to be happy. In truth, Hae Ra had always been jealous of Dae. She wanted to be her friend so as to get close to her, then one day suddenly bring her down in hopes of crashing her dreams. And as of now, that dream could be coming true. Jong-i ran towards the elevator and quickly pressed the up button to get to Dae as quickly as possible.

After informing her, Dae still didn’t believe that her best friend could betray her like that.

“That backstabber! I can’t believe she pulled off a lie like me and Joon liking each other! What kind of selfishness is going through her head now? I… I don’t… I’m so confused right now. It’s obvious that everything she said was false. Joon, you can’t like me can you?” Dae turned to Joon.
He sheepishly scratched his head, “err… I’ve been meaning to tell you this, but… Hae Ra noticed something that she could use as bait. And it’s true… I do like you. Very much indeed. If you please, I would appreciate it, if you accept my feelings…”
Gaping Dae turned to Jong-i who nodded at her to tell her that everything was alright. She could go out with him… “you need Rain’s permission though…” she murmured.
Dae sighed, “I honestly never thought that JOON would like me. I mean, I have this weird hairstyle which I sometimes wonder why I got… but STILL! This is weird… all the guys I’ve known always fell for Hae Ra…”
“That’s because she always got in the way. If you saw the person first and made your move first then you would be with someone right now already. Dae… the question now is, do you like Joon back?” Jong-i asked her.
“Yes… do you like Joon back?” The three turned to see Rain with a smirking Hae Ra beside him. “You can be honest. I will act in the most fairest way possible depending on your answer.”
“I…yes. I do like Joon.” Dae admitted, releasing the feelings she’s had for a long time.
“HAH! Now you can’t work here!” Hae Ra gloated.
Dae lowered her head, letting Hae Ra’s words sink in and realize that she was saying the truth. “Actually, she can stay here. I approve of them dating. Joon hasn’t looked this serious in ages, and if I tear these two apart, he may not focus in music that much anymore.”
“BWOH?! But… it’s on the rules!”
“Hae Ra… even if he didn’t approve, you still wouldn’t be able to be with Joon. He doesn’t like you, plus why would he even pick you?” Jong-i smirked, crossing her arms while raising her eyebrows.
“EUGH!!” Throwing a mini tantrum Hae Ra walked out finding that she could get home without Dae and didn’t look back once.
“…I lost a best friend… but I got a new one and a boyfriend in exchange? AWESOME!” Dae smiled hugging Jong-i.
Rain smiled, but warned them, “you must be careful. I can get you a conference if this were to ever go out… but that’s all I can do for you. I can’t protect you, so this is your responsibility…”

They moved in with each other the minute they passed their third week-anniversary. Two years later, the newspapers then reported that  Joon was to get married with Dae soon…

▬▬▬▬

a/n: Hope you enjoyed J it. Hopefully it matched what you had in mind ^-^ Thanks for requesting from Writer’s Strike~

No comments:

Post a Comment